2008年10月23日木曜日

大仏/だいぶつ or BUDDHA at Enkyou Temple in Himeju

This bronze Buddha was in the woods on a hill.  If I didn't look up towards one of the huge cedar trees, I wouldn't have noticed this inspirational statue.   Since this Buddha has only simple robe on his body, he is considered as he has achieved the enlightenment to the highest level. (如来/にょらい) This Buddha does not come with lengthy explanation or name, but has more power to me than any others.  I cannot tell if his eyes are open or closed.  The firm Mudra hand positions correspond his energy flow to me through the clean air in the surrounding.  I also like the fact that he showed up to me, I was not forced to see him (no signs directed me).  It was by chance I encountered the divine Buddha.  I climbed on a dirt road to find him.  There, he sat on a pile of mossy rocks and kept his glance as if he sees through my minds.  

Believe or not, Hollywood filmed the movie, Last Samurai at this location.   

Basic Words around Buddha: 
ほとけ(さま)Buddha, 仏像/ぶつぞう Buddha statue, じぞう(さま)stone buddha,
寺/てら temple, 座禅/ざぜん Zazen,

0 件のコメント: